Ice??

• jake_p
    St. Louis Park mn

I was wandering if anyone up there had some info on how the lake is lookin? Opener is just around the corner n from what I’ve been hearing the ice is likely to be on the lake still… Trying to figure out I opener will be best or the weekend after. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

norge

Which lake?

shintz
    Southern MN

Winnibigoshish, Lake (Lake Winnie)

jake_p
    St. Louis Park mn

The big lake. Winnibigoshish

jake_p
    St. Louis Park mn

I guess this year isn’t much different then last. Anyone have any info on the ice on the main lake of winni? I heard it’s a week ahead of last year. Wich puts ice out this coming Thursday. Fingure a crossed!

OutdoorAssociate
    Rochester Mn

Was there Saturday 5/3 we are going to need lots of strong wind and some warm rain to make it ice free by Friday night. There will be fishable water depending which way the wind is blowing. That is why we have trailers under our boats.

Westy57
    St.Michael MN

From the pics I have seen it will be off sat and if you have enough balls to put your boat in where there is open water better keep an eye out that chunk will move quick!

This all could change if they get a good amount of rain that the weather man says for Thursday!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.