Hello???

• crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Does nobody fish Winnie anymore?? My dad and I are headed up Sept. 27th for 3 days and hope the bite is good!

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Been up there a few times in Sept, seems most the action is up towards cut foot souix, maybe drag worm rigs in winnie outside the channel to cut foot or jig the points in cut foot with a jig and minnow/plastic

Vary your depth and speed till you find them.

We had some luck dragging raps and such along the shoreline in 8-15 fow at times too.
    Al

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

Definitly start in the Cut Foot Area as that is usually a good place in the fall, but watch the water temps if they continue to drop by then the bite could be good all over the shoreline with jigs and minnows just like it is in the spring.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

I’m also interested in the Crappie bite that time of year. Can I assume that to be in the Cutfoot area too?

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

I haven’t been up there this fall yet but I talked to some guys that have been picking up a few crappies on Cut Foot already; they were fishing right out from the landing by Eagle’s Nest Resort right off Hwy 46. I usually see them there every fall when I am driving by on my to LOW or Red. I would ask around when you get there as to where else they are biting. Once in a blue moon the big crappies will bite on Winnie too if the timing is right.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Thanks for the replies Mike. I’m really looking forward to this trip. 2 more weeks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.