anything happening along the south shore?

• salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

My family is heading up to our cabin on Lake Superior in Herbster and my uncles are curious if there are any trout or salmon within castable range anywhere along the coast. Ive read a lot of LL reports and such from the north shore indicating something is happening up there, but nothing to be said on the south side. I know back in august not much was around the local river mouth except for a 40″ northern I picked up casting. either way Im sure they’ll get out and soak a worm or two. fish on!

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

well… found out some answers already as to why no posts so far, but also found out what my uncles will love to hear. If youre in the area I just might run into you, enjoy the weekend. tight lines!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Salmo Trutta:

Been really quiet from all the south shore ports… But looking at the water temps (Water Temp Contours) it would seem that with all the 50-ish degree water floating around, they outta be getting closer to shore…

Mark

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

Yeah, I contacted the creel clerk I spoke to in August, he said the same, but also heard other reports from some of the fly shops in the area that have me hoping for ok end results.

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

Not much happening where we tried fishing, but did run into a Minnesota poacher who had atleast ten lake-run browns over 20 inches when you can only keep two over fifteen. For a guys whos justification was “Ive fished the hole for ten years” I hope that warden took that cheese eating grin off of his face.

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

if anyone happens to be shore fishing and hears some bells go off stop by and say hey, thatll be me down on the beach. hope everyone has a decent weekend out there

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.