Troll the mud anyone?

• poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

Got this pic from a friend off of Face Book. Unreal how much debris and mud is in the water. The normal flow for the St. Louis RIver this time of year is 2-3000 cubic feet per second. Today, it was 46,000.

I drove by the river today and the water doesnt even look real it is so red. There are some massive trees, and other debris flowing down at an astonishing rate. I would stay clear of the river for a long time. Who knows if another walleye will be caught out of there this year. Forsure wont be in the next 2 weeks! Heres to no rain for a loooooooooooooong time

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I’d lie to see the satellite pictures of the lake with all that mud dumping in there…..crazy

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

justin-
    my experience is just the opposite, the fish will concentrate on the mudlin. Makes fishing quite a bit easier. At least this was the case on michigan in the 80s.

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

I hope it clears by august

jech84

Satellite Picture

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Wonder how far out the mud line goes?

al

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

1/2 to 2 miles. it’s easy to see. just troll the edge of it…

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Our cabin is between Gooseberry and Duluth and they are saying now that this general area hasn’t seen flooding like this since records started being kept. The one daughter and her guy are going up to check the property next weekend.

We’ve been in touch with a couple of the locals in the area of the cabin and they say things are bad even inland many miles.

brianjkuphal

hope the mud clears up for you guys in the duluth area,isnt this the second time youve had a major rain this year that dirtied up the water?sounds like a dry forcast comeing up,goodluck..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.