Duluth steelhead

• vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Making a trip to Duluth on March 31st. What do you suppose the odds are of arriving during the steelhead run? Gonna be my first time trying, so Im not really expecting alot of success, but it would be nice, at least, to have the timing down right. Whatcha think?

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

If there has been some good runoff from snow and or rain,and the water is up some. GAME ON …rrr

biff

Thats a bit early for the rivers…then again with the weather this year who knows. Would be a good time to try around the river mouths for kamloops and maybe steelhead.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I guess I wouldn’t not fish. These fish will stage in the lake around river mouths and will venture quite close to shore, and maybe into the rivers, during low light periods or during real cloudy days. lots of bait soakers catch these fish while waiting for Ma Nature to get the rivers rocking. Just shift where you fish slightly.

bluefin
    Farmington, MN

I used to spend a lot of time Steelheading the Duluth area. Generally speaking that might be early but as stated the fish will be near the river mouths if not in the rivers. The mouths of the Lester and French are the most common and most user friendly

biff

Well with all the warm weather…three record hi’s in the 70’s…looks like your date might be good for stream fishing steel after all.

chirp
    Rochester

I’m heading up Easter weekend. Make sure you give us a report as to how you do. Will be my first time too. Have got some good info from the guys on this forum. Good Luck

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.