Faribault Area Report (pics)

• jesse
    mn

Spent the afternoon in the Faribault area today. I had to go and pick up the new wheeler today, and figured it might as well go from the dealer directly to the lake. No better way to break in a new machine than throw it right into service ice fishing.

I also Had the itch to do some pike fishing. With the temps and winds today I opted not to put any tip ups out. Instead I ran one sucker minnow in the shack hooked up to a baitcast reel with the line clicker turned on. Nothing better than to listen to that clicker start screaming when a pike snaps on and runs with it. Unfortunately I did not get to hear that sound today, as I was unable to locate any hungry slimers

I did however locate some very aggressive perch. They were slamming a firetiger Demon jigging spoon tipped with the head of a minnow. I found the perch located at the bottom of a sharp drop off from 6 fow down to 16 fow.

Pics of the new ride and a couple of the aggressive perch. I was impressed with how ferocious they were today, even though they were lacking in size a bit.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.