Born again ice fisherman…

• fishingguy
    New Ulm, Mn.

After about a 10 year absense from the ice fishing scene, I have taken up ice fishing again. I mainly fished the hutch area in the past, but have noticed an abundance of quality lakes in the mankato faribault areas. I have been on a couple of those lakes so far, including german and washington, and faired pretty well considering I’m new again to the sport. Much has changed in the last 10 years. Everything to the better as I see it so far. Flashers, new jigs, rod & reel combo’s, new style of houses, just to name a few. The style of fishing has changed too. Now it is jigging and mobility with a vexilar vs. watching a bobber thru the same hole for 2 hours. I am learning very quickly, but still have a lot to learn. Any help with my learning curve is appreciated!

Anonymous

Welcome aboard to you and everyone else who has recently joined in on the board. Please feel free to post anytime about your fishing outings, questions, comments etc. The site will be as good and active as everyone makes it by posting. We can all share and learn from each other. Thanks, Bill

Anonymous

Best way is to jump in and go out with a “pro”…. reduces the catc-up time. I learned more from two outings with James Holst (on the river) that I learned in years on my own.
    Hoggie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.