French frenzy!

• Anonymous

Very quiet on French Lake and not much wind when Marty Prince and I arrived. There were a few houses out and I saw one other Otter. We used the access in front of Knipple’s Resort, and headed for 18 feet of water.

This was Marty’s spot… he has been doing well on the Walleyes there. But, problem is that they have a short “run” and they are done. It was slow to start… no bites for about an hour.

I fired up the Sportsman’s Multi Heater and slipped in a T.V. dinner. I served up some smoked oysters and crackers to pass the time. We had come hot coffee and enjoyed good conversation while waiting for the first bites. Our food was hot and much appreciated! The run started with numbers of small perch… then came the walleye.

We caught several small walleye each. None were keepers. Glow jigs and glow in the dark Walleye Willospoons were the ticket! Hard to eat tending two lines, jigging and eating at the same time…. such is fishing! I had to slip my dinner back into the stove to keep it warm. The walleyes were all small, no keepers. But I did so enjoy the trip, company, and good eats! The walk back in was “spooky”. The wind came up and the Otter was blown off to the side instead of being pulled behind… spooky too the hear the ice cracking with your steps. I would rather have snow cover too, so I do not see the zillion of cracks under my feet.

Anonymous

Marty…. so sorry for mis-spelling your last name. I spelled it Prince and it is Prins.

Guys, Marty is a kick’n rear darn good hook and great guy to be fishn’ with. He has the latest in gear and fishes near non stop! Hook up with him if you are headed to Southern MN. I like to pick his brain on locations and techniques, he is very hep.

Thanks for letting me get by with calling you “Prince” Marty

Prince Marty… boy you better hope that handle doesn’t stick !!

Hoggie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.