BAD ICE

• Anonymous

Reports say that there are ice fishing houses that have gone through the ice on Shields, French and Mazaska Lakes by Fairbault Mn. Please be carefull. Your life is much more important than a few fish

Anonymous

That’s true! The game warden (S. Fritz) said that there were about a 100 houses that went through in Rice county. Some part way….some all the way! Anglers out fishing said that they had to move their permanents because the wind was blowing open their holes and making them bigger! With water on top and the wind blowing 30 mph it was able to open some cracks and basically create eddies around permanent shacks. The last 3 years ice fishing these lakes have been just goofy. I could have sworn that the 10-12 inches of ice would hold up, but I guess not. To compound the wind and high temps…..there’s no snow to insulate and cover the ice. The next 10 days forecast will probably produce 6 to 8 inches of ice with daytime highs at 10-15 degrees and nights at zero or below. Go figure! TGIF

Anonymous

I just came back from Pine City, getting my boat for the Sports Show, and when I went by Clear Lake on 35, there was a shack that was half under. Now that it is cold, it is really going to be tough getting that bugger out!
    Tuck

Anonymous

Chainsaw?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.