Lake Zumbro 9-7-02

• Anonymous

Lake Zumbro is a wide deeper area on the Zumbro River where fishing from a boat, boat riding, water sking etc. can all take place. It has 3 boat ramps, a couple eating places, campground, and has a dam at the end of what they call the lake part of it. The fish species are largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, muskies, northerns, crappie, bluegill, stripers, catfish, carp, and every once in awhile you hear a rumor of a walleye or sauger turning up at the end of a line. Started out casting crankbaits to the shoreline for bass and to my surprise no fish. Switched to casting a hot new lure from B-Fish-N Tackle called a Super Bow Spinner and still no shoreline bite to be had. But I was very much impressed with the “flash” that this spinner puts out. I could really see this lure in the water, what a flash. I look forward to catching stripers on these lures in the near future.
    Next I slowed things down a bit and put on a new neon color plastic ringworm also by B-Fish-N Tackle on a super doo style jig with a weed guard to work the bottom with and was shocked to find bluegills trying to eat a worm about as long as they were.
    Next I started trolling with shad raps along the rock and wood shoreline and found the fish I was targeting. They were out some from the rock shorelines and willing to come up for a meal. The fish caught were nice thick brown 14”smallmouth bass and hungry 20-22″ northerns. These fish gave me the chance to see how my new St. Croix rods handled the fish and was I ever surprised at how well they responded to and contolled the fish jumps and runs. The new rods are great. Its hard to believe they could improve an already great rod but they sure have. I’m definately sold on them.
    Next time you need a fishing fix and if you happen to live not too far from this body of water give it a try. You will be surprised at the fish that can be caught here.
    See you on the water, Bill

Bill Cadwell
    EFN Pro Staff
    Smitty’s Marine Lake City, Mn. Pro-Staff
    St. Croix Rods Pro-Staff
    B-Fish-N Tackle Pro-Staff
    [email protected]
    ”May Your Net Be Heavy=St. Croix Rods”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.