Ceder Lake 8-31-02

• Anonymous

Spent some time fishing Cedar Lake near Fairbault on Sat. with one of my daughters, Chasity, and my 3 grandaughters. We chose Cedar as it is my oldest grandaughter Briannas favorite lake. Reason why is because it has four islands on it that have shorelines just loaded with Blue Gills and Sunnys. These fish aren’t big BUT they sure keep the young fisher-people busy.

Its a great lake to introduce young children to fishing. And Brianna, age 10, had alot of fun showing her younger sisters, Jaclyn age 2 and Abby age 1 what “real” fish look and feel like. Up to now Jaclyn and Abby had only known fish by watching fishing shows with grandpa.

The fish were caught on light action St. Croix rods with a slip bobber and a split shot about a foot above a #8 hook with a real small piece of worm on it all. We were fishing shollow water most of the time from an anchored boat. Fishing out alittle deeper did catch a few bigger fish but the “hot” action was closer to a shore that had lilly pads and weeds.

This is an excellent way to get children hooked on fishing. They need the fast action along with bringing along a few toys for them to play with between fish in case you find a short break in the action will keep them interested in fishing.

For the bigger kids on the water, a boat not too far from us was pitching plastics to a downed tree near shore and caught some really nice 2-3 pound largemouth bass.

So if you are looking for a lake to fish on and have small kids that you would like to get “hooked on fishing” give Cedar Lake a try and it will be a day the kids will always remember.

See You on the water. Bill

Anonymous

Fun… how clear was the water?
    Hawger

Anonymous

Kids, Gran Kids, Cedar Lake, what a great combonation! You make me jealous. I spent many hours with my kids on Cedar when we were all younger ! Hasn’t changed mush has it ?

Richard (Smitty)

Keep a tight line !!!

Anonymous

Hey Dave, This is my 3rd time tonight trying to reply to this. My computer got hit by lightning Sun. night and just got it up and running last night [Tues.] and have lost some stuff and am gaining some back it looks like. You could see down a ft. in the water. Hopefully my tow vehicle will be fixed Thurs. or Friday so I can get back on the water. With no FTL/FTR and a tow vehicle needing a bandaid a person gets fishing withdrawals! Catch a few for me and I’ll catch up soon. Thanks, Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.