Shhhhh… it is a secret!

• Anonymous

Learning day for me today… and for Smitty too, is my guess. We fished a rock quarry for panfish (you know… Secret Lake) and I was wow-ed by the sunfish that I caught on a Mepps “Bantam” Syclops. The size and colors that I used was the Mepps Bantam Syclops “SYOLP SLC – Monkey” and the “SYOLP PG- Gold Plated” which were both 1/8 weights.
    Friends… I have been missing the boat here… these are real Sunfish killers… when dressed with a inch of crawler! They worked much better than jigs.
    The sunfish were suspended on drops and started hitting these lures about four feet down… wham, wham, wham…. they were realy smacking them. Not too bad about bait stealing either. I got several on the same chunk of crawler. I am hooked on these for sunfish now…. and before today, I would not have thought that they would hit a spoon this size.

I have to say that today they out-fished my Panfish Willospoons by three to one! I credit this to the larger target and faster fall.

Smitty and I also got several big bruser gills on Mr. Twister Mites dressed on Mepps SpinFlex.
    We had several Bass in the two+ lb. range that came on to these “Mites” also.

Kinda of a Mepps/Mr.Twister day today… it just worked out that way. Strange how you try something different and just cream the fish!
    Hawger
    See attachment…
    Photo by Richard Smith

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.