Question for Hawger!

• Sheephead

Hi Dave, I know you fish around the Waterville- Elysian area, You ever fished Rays Lake much? Anything much in there? (bass, panfish)? I’m moving over that way and I was wondering if it’s worth giving it a try. Got any tips for it? Thanks for your help Dave! Tom

Anonymous

Nope, I just have never been on that one… sorry. A good person to check with might be Ron Robb at The Bobber Shop in Mankato. The owner of the Tackle Box in Waterville is new and may not be of much help.
    I’ll put out some feelers…. and get back to you too. Thanks and LOL…. Hawger

Anonymous

Sheephead i’ve fished Rays lake a bit. Troll anything around in open water and you’ll catch all the 1-2lb snake northerns you want. Lots of stunted sunnies. Some decent crappies. I saw a crappie in the taxidermist supposedly taken last winter out there that was over 3 lbs so some must get real big. I’ve never bass fished it but i’ve heard of some good bass fishing in there. If it was my choice…i’d probably bypass Rays and go the couple miles to Francis. Everything swims in there. Pretty good fishing open water and ice.

Sheephead

Thanks James for the response, I fish mostly Francis right now and was just wondering if anything in there. Hawger, if I want info on something, the Bobber shoppe is the last place I’d go to, ask them a question and it seems your’e just bothering them!!

Anonymous

Rays seems to always be a numbers lake. Like stated earlier a lot of small sunfish and snake-slimers. I used to take friends of mine who didn’t fish much to Rays bass fishing and we could always catch a buch of fish. Sounds like I’m not the only one who got a cold response from the Bobber Shop… Anyone know what weed situation is on German ???

Anonymous

Oh?
    … Sorry, it has been some years for me to have be in there.
    Just a thought… (and perhaps not my best).
    Hawger

Sheephead

Thanks Goldenboy, on the bass, any size to them? Just might give it a try when I’m over there! It sounds like the sunfish are about the same size that are in Francis, fishing this spring and last winter they all seem to be potato-chip size, any tips on where the bigger ones are around there? Caught some decent crappies, just never seem to find any decent sunnie action!! About the Bobber Shop, I’d rather spend my money somewhere else, just there isn’t many choices around here. I’m from Mankato, but will be buying my stuff elsewhere when I get over in that direction!! I have’nt been out on German this year yet, but I drove by there a couple of weeks ago and it looked like you could’ve walked across the weeds in a couple of the bays! Later! Sheephead.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.