Secret Lake

• Anonymous

I fished Secret Lake (next to Hidden Lake) on Thursday. This pit was just jumping with sunfish and bass. I used the Mepps Spinner Top Jig with a Chartreuse/White Core ringworn and just creamed the bass. Bass were up to five pounds…they were all over it. I was blown to have several big sunfish eat the ringworm …. these sunfish were three and four fingers past my wrist. Big brusers! What fun. Course the sunfish were keeping the boys busy… you did not have to wait for a fish… they hit as soon as you got your bait into the water!
    We brought home a couple of dozen great sunfish and released all the bass .
    Hawger

Anonymous

Secret Lake? Near Hidden Lake? I’ve been there! It’s next to No Name Swamp at the foot of the Slightly Unnamed Dunes.

Anonymous

I know where you were ! But can’t tell you how you got there, so, I won,t tell you how to get back there ! Glad you had a good time, Where Da pictures ?

Richard (Smitty)

Keep a tight line !!!

Anonymous

I heard Hawger is giving “blindfolded” guide trips there and if you guess what fish you catch you win a gummy worm for a snack! lol Rumor has it that he is getting closer to my age so pretty soon he might be fishing “forgotten Lake”. lol. Couldn’t resist Dave. Haven’t been able to shoot the bs with you lately so just had to be a smart, um I forgot already. Are you going to tell them about the “3rd secret” lake? Take care and catch a few for me. Bill

Anonymous

Photos? Man, this place is like “AREA 51″… there are no photos allowed… na just kidden, I am getting some developed asap. So cool to catch bass and BIG sunfish on RINGWORMS

Hawger

Anonymous

Okay, I am now a believer. Even as the rookie fisherman in a boat with a guy who has slightly more experience (Dave, I know you’ll get at least one more fishing day this week. Cool points!), I have to say that ringworms are my new favorite.

Fished last night with Hawger on Secret Lake. Area 51 is only slightly more radioactive, as I understand it. The fish are there and it’s certainly a fun place to experiment. One of the pics we got was of a 1/8 jig and a full-sized 4″ purple/white tail ringworm hanging out of the mouth of a really nice bass. Amazing! It’s really easy to fish, too. Toss the thing out, let it settle, jerk it along the bottom and wait for the fish to scoop it up.

The most amazing thing about last night was that Hawger decided to go for a really big fish and put on a 10″ worm. It was nearly as long as the boat when he stretched it out. Someone in the lake apparently thought it would be a tasty meal and sucked the whole thing off after a couple of casts. Wonder if the poor fish that ate it still has plugged holes? I’m suspecting that there’s a fish floating around the lake right now, belching away.

Got to say, though. The whole experience was great fun. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. Only thing was that it seems that dark thirty is slightly earlier for moms than it is for dads.

Mike

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.