french lake fishing

• Anonymous

Hey,
    I was just curious if anyone has been over to French Lake. I was maybe thinking of heading over that way tomorrow to try and catch a few fish. I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck over there? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Jim

Anonymous

I have a brother-in-law that has a cabin there… he said the walleye fishing has been a bit slow… that the muskies have been munching anything that moves though. One of his neighbors walleyes did not make it to the boat… got ate on the way up ! Fun!
    Hawger

Anonymous

Thanks Hawger for the info. That would have been pretty cool to have seen. I think I will turn my attention elsewhere and maybe head over to the river. I know the bite has been pretty decent over their.

Jim

Anonymous

How is the landing on French? I was down there a couple of times last year and with a bigger boat it was tough.

Thanks KLH

Anonymous

I would call Hoy’s Resort and ask how their ramp is…. the Public Access is too shallow.
    Hawger

Anonymous

Actually, The public ramp is in better shape than Hoys right now. Launched my bass boat there last night with no problems. Keep your triler as close to the dock as possible, because the water is deeper next to it. You may have to back up a few more feet than you usually would at others, but it is really no biggie.

Set the hook!!!

~~~~~~alkfish

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.