Friday night at the Pond

• roger_k
    St. Cloud, MN

The weather man was right this time. The predictions were clear skies, no rain and the wind was supposed to go down, he was right on. My buddy Andy and I made the trip to the lake last night in hopes of putting a few fish in the boat, and we did. It was not fast and furious, but a good start to say the least. We fished from 10 till 2 am and ended up with 4 fish for the box and 2 overs ( 1 at 21 and 1 at 25). Sorry no pics, just got a new lap top and I’m not sure how to download the pics. All our fish came out of 8-10 feet of water and 85-100 feet off the boat. Between Andy and myself we went through our whole arsenal of rapalas, but the top produce this evening was anything in the fire tiger pattern, didn’t matter if it was husky jerks, xraps, or rogues. Everything seems to be coming together for the fall bite, and with the water temp at 57, the next few weeks should be promising. Good luck boys!

shadrap23
    Ramsey, MN

I was there on Wednesday and we had good luck. Fished from 2 PM to midnight. Caught 15 of which 6 we could keep. Purple Iredescent (sp?), FireTiger, blue & chrome, and black and silver all produced. Avoided the rain, caught some fish, and a kicker 35″ pike to boot

enjoy the fall bite gentlemen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.