When is the ice going?

• fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

Well it seems like every year everyone puts in their guesses when the ice will go off the pond. whats everybodys guess? im going to say with the warm temps that we have had and are going to get, April 17th

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

My guess is well before then. If we get the 3 days in the mid 60’s that they are forcasting with the heavy winds it will go real quick. My guess is that most if not all of the twin city lakes will be ice free by next Sat. The pound should only be a week or so behund. My guess is April 7th

big_g
    Isle, MN

April 9th..it’s official

big G

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

So G, you liked my pick at Hunters then… According to Tony Roach’s podcast this a.m., he is thinking that a week to week and a half. That would translate to the 11th, so as long as you have my pick, I will go to the 11th on the IDO page!!!

Mark

big_g
    Isle, MN

Mark, my 24th on Hunters site is not gonna cut it…

big G

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

That will give the Natives a good long time to net.
    They should set a record.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Tuck:

Keep it warm, get ’em in and get ’em back out!!!

Mark

Brian G
    Independence, MN

I spent some time at the cabin yesterday, and I can tell you that all of Cove, Wahkon, and Isle Bays are ice free. The wind had really opened up the south end, there was open water way out past Spirit Island. I drove over to Big Point, and there was 1/2 mile or so of black busted up ice and then nothing but open water as far as I could see beyind that.

Red Door 1
    North Shore Mille Lacs in Wealthwood

We think, by dark today, April 5th, that the ice will be declared out for 2010. The NE corner is full of ice yet but at least 2/3rds of the lake is now ice free, with a west wind chewing the rest up pretty fast.

Red Door 1
    North Shore Mille Lacs in Wealthwood

Late today.

big_g
    Isle, MN

With that shot… it is out !!! Can’t wait.. come on Opener

big G

ted-merdan

I have to say on Friday at noon when I flew over the lake on my way home from Europe – it looked flat calm and very inviting!!!

I am pumped for a good opener and great year on the big lake

-ted

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.