Mille Lacs report 7/25 -26

• wallster
    Austin, MN

Hit the pond this weekend with my father in-law and fellow IDO member G-raff. We started the morning off saturday lindy riggin crawlers and leeches. Made three passes on the flat we were fishing and caught 2 small eyes and maked a lot of fish. After marking lots of fish on this flat I decided we were going to pull some raps with lead core. DING DING DING This was what they wanted. We started working the top edges of the flat running 2.4-2.6mph with shad raps. Lots of eater size fish comming to the boat. We found that the wind driven side of the flat was producing the most action, so we worked that side of the flat pulling in lots of 14-18″, a couple 18-20″ fish with a 24″ and a 26.5″ making their way to the boat. I will say we got a lot of small eyes in the 10-13″ range which makes me feel that the lake is in great shape for the next couple years. We had a few boat fishing the same flat as us, but didnt see them catching a whole lot. Some were getting fish with spinners. Never did see the bobber guys catch anything. If you have never fished lead core befor this is a fun way to catch fish.
    Wallster ><((((>

tonyplut
    Burnsville/Mille Lacs

Nice job Wallster. Good report. Hope to see you up there again, soon. I’m “Jonesing” for some ‘eyes.

wallster
    Austin, MN

Tony, When you heading back up again?
    Wallster ><((((>

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Nice fish Willie!!! Some wedges for sure! It looks like this Fall should be fun for good thick fish, huh???

llong

nice fish willie, way to go on figuring out what the eyes wanted.

bthess
    Manly, IA

Nice job on figuring it out!! I can’t wait until fall!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

What happened to that fish in the 2nd picture? Musky? Or is some sort of growth?
    I cannot wait til this fall….

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks for the report Wallster. Congrats on having a good day and figuring out what they wanted.

As I said yesterday, only 10 weeks until the October Full Moon. Only a ill more!

Cal, you fishing this year?

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Great job Willie!

Jami

corey-studer

That’s what we found out on Sunday too, but we were using #4 Hot Perch Hornets.

My dad on the other hand slammed them on the rocks in 10-12 fow on Saturday corking with leeches…

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Thanks for the report! Glad to hear they are finally hitting the cranks.

What are you guys so hung up on October for? Get out the trolling stuff and get up there now!

wallster
    Austin, MN

Quote:

What happened to that fish in the 2nd picture? Musky? Or is some sort of growth?
    I cannot wait til this fall….

I’m not sure what it was. Just looked like a growth.
    Wallster ><((((>

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.