1/18 Report

• fisheyes925
    Sandstone, MN

Got out Sunday for a few hours. Fished the shoreline 26 ft. of water in front of the Red Door. It was snowin and blowin and I had my better half along so I stayed in the permanent, instead of moving around in the portable. Had the camera down and fished mainly for perch. Had small ones on the camera all day long. I did see a few more jumbo’s starting to show up, but couldnt get’em to commit. They’d come up, look, nudge the bait, then move on. I managed a few for the fry pan. They’re probably still thawing out from last weeks arctic blast. Im thinking things should start picking up in the coming weeks as they start grouping up and putting on the feedbag. Did anybody else get out this weekend? How did ya do?

big_g
    Isle, MN

I got out saturday morning around 9am until 1:30 pm. In 31 fow, seen ALOT of little perch, 3-4 inchers. Seen, get this, a Large Mouth bass swim through ?????? I wouldn’t have believed it (like everybody else with me) if I hadn’t seen it myself… Caught 1 little 6″ walleye, seen lots of them. Pretty brutal out in the middle of the lake, one guy had to pack up, his house, not the flip-over style, kept blowing over…

big G

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

My brother was up Saturday and it sounds like they had similar luck. They stayed put in the house all day and caught 10 walleyes. Most of them were small, but they had a few nice ones too. I heard it was a little windy and snowy out there. If all goes well, I’ll be up later this week.

wheres_waldo
    The Big Pond

Yup – real slow for our group too. Last night things picked up considerably for a couple hours. Nothing at all after that though. Thought for sure we’d get woken up over night from a rattle reel. Nope – nada. Going back tonight till tomorrw night. We’ll see what happens.

The Formica Flats were out of control. As slow as the fishing was on two and three mile, the FF were the complete opposite. I love that place.

Derek Hanson

Were you fishing in one of the bays when you saw the largemouth?

Sounds like the bite has slowed down a little. Thanks for the reports.

deerwoody
    Deerwood,MN.

The bite is still ok but it takes a little more work and braving the cold lately.

fisheyes925
    Sandstone, MN

Hey Deerwoody, Where have you been having the most success? Mud? Gravel? Shoreline Breaks? Are you fishing perch or walleyes?

deerwoody
    Deerwood,MN.

North end mud has been the best.Mostly walleyes for me but the jumbos can be found on or close to the same areas as the as the schools of eyes.The south end rocks are going too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.