Mille Lacs Perch

• tslonek
    Coon Rapids,Mn

I was up to the pond Sun & Mon and the perch were sure there but for the life of me could not manage a fish. I fished with a camera for the first time and these fish would come in schools every 10 or 15 mins and boy was there some bruisers. Most of them would come take a look but that’s it. I tried every different bait, different spoon and nothing. Am I missing something here. Heading back up in the A.M. to give it another shot. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

big_g
    Isle, MN

We caught a few last weekend, I caught about a dozen small ones, but they seemed to get more interested, when I would pound the bottom (I use a cam too). They would stab at it quickly as it lay on the bottom. Worth a shot for you !!!! Good luck

big

tslonek
    Coon Rapids,Mn

When you use your cam do you have it in a hole right next to the hole your fishing or is it a little ways away. Do you think the cam might spook them a bit?

big_g
    Isle, MN

I have it maybe 5 feet away. I drill a hole on one end of my X2, and the other on the other end, so it is at least 5 feet. I don’t think it spooks the perch or pannies, walleyes I am not so sure… alot of the perch and pannies actually swim up to it and check it out. I have an aqua-view with the sunnie cam.

big g

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

I dont think your missing anything.There are tons of young perch out there and lake shiners for them to eat.Along with that the 2 small perch I caught last weekend were eating fresh water shrimp And as things warm up the bugs and blood worms will be coming out of the mud.This may all sound bad but the good news is the perch will be schooling up and feeding heavy before they spawn.So if you find the right spot at the right time there still are some nice fish to be caught and there are some monsters out there.One thing nice about the lack of good reports there is also a lack of company out there when you do find them

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.