Golden Mille Lacs Walleye

• jh55429
    Crystal, MN

Picked up this 27 1/2 on Saturday. I couldn’t believe the color it had. I don’t think I’ve caught a fish with this kind of color on Mille Lacs before. Doesn’t have the dark gold of a Canadian walleye, but it is still a nice looking fish.

walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

We caught a 27″ fish like that last Thursday. I had never seen such great color on a Mille Lacs fish. Great Pic!!

jhalfen

Great fish and terrific color in that pic Josh. It looks more like one of our stained water Wissota walleyes than a clear water fish. Nicely done!

jh55429
    Crystal, MN

Thanks, it was definately a nice looking fish. The belly of it even had a yellow/gold color to it.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Great looking fish Josh!! How you been? Tell your parents Hi from the Iowan!

HooksWife
    Crystal, MN

Quote:

Great looking fish Josh!! How you been? Tell your parents Hi from the Iowan!

Hi back to you Luke

Way to go Josh Out fished Bob

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

ha,ha…it was only one day!!

Nice looking fish!! I would have to say that you don’t get many opportunities to catch colorful walleye like that everyday in Mille Lacs……..lets remeber to bring the landing net next time Josh!! ones like that are kind of hard to “lip”

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Great looking fish Josh!

You catch that on green line?

Jami

oldmanbauer

It was probably pink line. Thats Josh’s favorite!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Nice looking canadian walleye Josh! I too have noticed some darker looking walleyes on Mille Lacs this year. Lip Ripper also eluded to this on one of his reports.

Here’s a pic of another one that we caught in June.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Out fished Bob

Not hard to do……..

Since he has no BOAT.

Nice looking fish Josh. Like Grifter said, I was noticing some of those colored fish towards the end of June. Very Cool looking fiosh indeed.

I have not been up there fishing eyes for a whole month.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Here is one Corrin got back at the end of June.

johnnyb
    Davenport, Ia

Nice fish. Love the color.

newt
    Pillager, MN

Here is a Mille Lacs “golden” eye from opener this year.

schnauzer
    Minnetrista, MN

We caught one like that back in June or early July as well. I wonder why some sport this color? They sure are nice looking fish.

jh55429
    Crystal, MN

Quote:

Jami

NO…I didn’t catch it on Green or Pink line you wierd river guys. Good old fashion Clear Trilene XL!!!!

Bob, It must have been a funny sight seeing us try to land that fish. Ecspecially since it didn’t start fighting till it got next to the boat.

Josh

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

You guys should all post the coordinates for where you caught those fish, and then we can see if there is a pattern.

HooksWife
    Crystal, MN

Quote:

You guys should all post the coordinates for where you caught those fish, and then we can see if there is a pattern.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

Bigfife,

I can’t remember which waypoint I actually caught that Canadian walleye on, but maybe this will help you out. Get a map of Mille Lacs out, now draw a straight line from Garrison all the way down to Isle. Good… Now draw another straight line from Malmo all the way over to Vineland. There, now you should have a perfect “X’ on your map. The Canadian walleyes that we were catching are somewhere on that “X”.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Quote:

Jami

NO…I didn’t catch it on Green or Pink line you wierd river guys.

HEY!

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Quote:

NO…I didn’t catch it on Green or Pink line you wierd river guys.

Pink?? Who would ever use pink line???

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.