Yar-Craft report

• Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Jack, I know I give you alot of good natured ribbing and you are a sport for taking it that way.

I don’t know if I missed it, or if you haven’t had time to make a post. How is the Yar-Craft working out and is it everything you hoped? Remind me again about the size of the motors (I know they are Black, I won’t hold that against you) Do you have any photo’s?

thanks for posting………..

jldii

Brian,

I really couldn’t be happier with my boat!

I finally finished playing around with different props and have gotten it pretty much dialed in. The prop I settled on gives me about 58 MPH, on either glass smooth water, or cutting thru 3 footers….and thats with just me and a half tank of fuel, or with me and 3 others and a full livewell as well as a load of fuel. I tried some props that got me up over 63 MPH, but I could not get all the RPM’s I need to get with this Mercury 300XS motor when at WOT, and I sure don’t want to over load it and create problems for myself later on.

As for the ride, nothing short of FANTASTIC! It really is like driving a Cadilac when its rough out. A few guys in 621’s, Trackers, and even a Triton, have tried to run with me in the rough stuff, but they can’t maintain the speed and control I can when its blowing on the pond. (Hull weight is about 2200 pounds, which helps a lot!!)

As for trolling, this boat tracks very nicely with the bow mount as well as with the kicker, but I will confess that a side wind can occasionaly push the bow a little. IMHO, I don’t think there is a boat that doesn’t have that same problem from time to time though.

As for a short coming with this boat, I take a bit more water over the bow when I’m ideling into 3+ footers while positioning for an anchor set than I used to with my smaller Yar-Craft, but thats not much of a problem since I have a wash down deck anyways. It just runs across the floor and down into the bilge, which actually helps wash away any dirt and fish slime!

Here is a side view of the boat, and when I get back up to the lake tomorrow, I’ll take a few interior shots and post them as well.

johned
    farmington, mn

looks like youve got my dream boat!

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Nice ride! Good meeting you up there last week.

Jon

walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Jack was nice enough to take my dad and I out for a few hours of fishing yesterday morning on Mille Lacs. That is one awesome boat!! I could not believe how well it handled the big waves. I was more than impressed. If I had the cash it would be my next ride with out a doubt!!

jh55429
    Crystal, MN

Now only if they would come out with that boat in a tiller

Josh

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Quote:

Now only if they would come out with that boat in a tiller

Josh

They make the 2095 tiller.

I sat in one at the sports show this spring that had a 175 Suzuki tiller on it.

If I were buying a 20 foot tiller it would be that one.

neverhome
    Anoka county

Great looking boat and I have heard and read a lot of real good things about those motors.

mille-lacs-guy
    Chaska, MN

I’ve got a 2095 Tiller with a 150 Suzuki. It is a great motor. Trolls down really well compared to a lot of four strokes. I get about 47 mph with 2 guys and a lot of gear.

PM me if you have any questions about the boat.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.