South End – Where to Take the Kids?

• LimpFish
    Lino Lakes, Minnesota

Heading up to Father Hennepin this weekend. Any recommendations for nearby spots to try and get the kids their first walleye? Six year old and twin four year olds. Would love to fish “prime times”, but will have to take whatever hour or two window I can get. Sounds like the bite’s been hot enough that I should have a pretty decent shot just about any time of the day.

Thanks,

Jim

><(((>

jmiller
    Blaine, MN

If you want to go out as far as spirit Island there is three or four humps out there that have been holding a pretty good # of walleye’s throughout the course of the day.

gft

I would try right out in front (north) of the park. Three of us, two adults and one 7 year old, caught 7 walleyes in a couple of hours (6-8pm) last night just drifting out from the park (SE wind) in 15 to 30 feet of water. We started our drifts on the west edge of the first (Lakeview) camp ground.

gt

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

there is a woman that works in the office, i think her name is marilyn. she knows the lake real well. just ask her where to go, she will get you going in the right direction……………….tom fellegy

LimpFish
    Lino Lakes, Minnesota

Thanks much! I’ll let you know how it goes…

><(((>

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.