Report 10/19

• brett
    Brooklyn Park, MN

Even with all of the recent dismal reports, a couple of us decided to head up to the west side last night to see if things had turned around. Two hours into the night and not a hint of a bite we were starting to think we should have stayed home. Then around 9pm my friend boated the first fish of the night – a nice 26+ incher. I have attached the pic.

After that fish, we were able to establish a decent pattern of trolling #10 Firetiget HJ’s on the inside weed edge in 7-9 fow. We left the lake around 1am and had caught 15+ fish for the night. We were happy with our results considering what we have all been hearing/reading. Good luck to everyone heading out this weekend – hopefully last night was the start of things getting back on track.

bobberal
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

Great report.

Nice to hear things are geting back on track.

vida

Nice work, Brett. Thanks for the report.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Good news!

Thanks for the report.

Heading up tonight.

neverhome
    Anoka county

Thanks for the report brett! Now get some sleep

brett
    Brooklyn Park, MN

I wish there was a chance for some sleep in my future! I got to bed about 5am – slept for 2 hours and am now sitting at work. Heading to WI this weekend to try to fill my archery tag – I hear the front end of the rut is starting to kick in! Leave a few in the lake for me to catch next week!

brett
    Brooklyn Park, MN

The biggest were 2 over 26. A lot of cookie cutter 23inch fish that were really fat! We did bring 5 home for the freezer that were 19-20 inches. We also ran into one boat that was trolling without bow lights – it is pretty dark out there without any moon and to me that is not only a stupid thing to do but also pretty dangerous!

revermann
    Rice, MN

Great report. Nice to here about some fish being caught on the pond again.
    Jamie

TSCTSC
    Rochester, MN

Thank you so much for the report. I think that is really good. May I know which ramp did you launch from? Was it a nice deep ramp?

brett
    Brooklyn Park, MN

We have been launching out of Terry’s all fall. Good ramp and protected harbor – worth the $10 in my opinion.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

thanks Brett,
    and what was your water temp????
    is the water clearing up???
    good luck in WI.
    Jack..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.