Mille Lacs update

• Anonymous

Spent last night up on the big pond for a few hours.

Started the trip out targeting migrating post spawn fish in open water crankin. The only way I got bit was to lower the down riggers with small cranks and go slow.

This produced 5 fish for us in about 2 hours.

Watching the sun getting ready to make its decend in the sky persuaded me to go rigging for the rest of the night. Here the bite remains very good in the rock to sand transitions that I have been working over the past couple weeks. As usual, the more wind the more concentrations of fish. Leeches on 6-7′ snells and light wire hooks worked well for us. We were rewarded with about 20-25 fish in just shy of 2 hours. The biggest hittting the tape at 28.5″. I was reading the water surface temp at 52 degrees last night.

Have a good weekend!

Attached is a pic of the 28.5″

Anonymous

Nice fish Steve. You fishing the wacker this year??

Anonymous

Nice fish Steve. Where else can a guy go and catch 25-30 eyes in 4 hours of this size. It is funny to me that in my opinion the pressure on the lake is down and the fun of fishing it is a all time high for me. I hope to get back out there this weekend. Thanks for the post.

Anonymous

Waterfowler,

Thanks,

I am not fishing the WaveWacker this year.

Are you?

Good luck to all that are fishing it….including Tuck, Bobber, Hooks (FTR and FTL boys). Make us proud!

Sorry if I missed anyone!

Here is a pic of a downrigger fish from last night.

Anonymous

Big D, Bob says the bugs hatched out big last night. Stop and get some of those little diving goggles. It makes a HUGE difference! Especially at 50 MPH! Oh, and dont smile, unless you need a protien fix!

Tuck

WalleyeShamen

Fished the North side yesterday. Caught about 40 fish from 13.5″ to 25″. Spent most of the day on the sand with rigs but it was so windy that it was tough to go slow enough. I needed a KING sized drift sock. Water temps around 63.

Cranked on some shallow rock around 4 PM for 20 minutes and had 4 nice fish.

It seemed way too easy. I hope it lasts.

Anonymous

I’m not going to make anymore tourney’s this year. Other than the RCL in Red Wing. Well, good luck to all the FTL members.

John

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.