FTL Visitor Pics – More opening day walleyes!

• Anonymous

In Jason’s own words…”I thought I’d send a couple pics from opener… responding to the “opening day pics from Mille Lacs” thread. We fished the big pond from the opening bell ’til 4:00 AM on Saturday, Sunday afternoon, Monday, and Tuesday. These pictures include shots of one of the several “doubles” we enjoyed, a tagged fish, and a couple other nice fish. We had a lot of fun pulling walleyes out of the sand.

Jason Aufderheide – “Schnauzer”

Jason Martin – “JasonMN”

Thanks alot for the pics guys and for sharing your story!

If anyone else has a photo or two they’d like to share with us here at FTL, simply send the photo out as a .jpg attachment in an e-mail to [email protected] and we’ll gladly get that posted here just as quickly as we can.

Good fishin’,

EFN Webstaff

Anonymous

Great looking fish guy’s. My question is what kind of rod holder is in the background. It looks like it has several rods in it. I have a boat without rod lockers and I’m trying to figure something out. Everything I think of always seem to be in the way for some reason like now I can’t net over the back end or troll a rod out of the back.Or can’t put in front of passenger windshieds as the walkthrough windshield closes against it. BLA BLA BLA Yeh I know a newer boat would help. I have a 1989 Alumacraft Trophy 170. Thanks for any tips. Steve

Anonymous

Yep, that rod holder is pretty nice. It is the “other” Jason’s holder. I’d like to get one myself but apparently the guy who made them in the past no longer does. I also think there is a patent for it. I’ll mention your question to Jason M. and I’m sure he could get more info for you… if it is even helpful at this point.

-Jason A.

Anonymous

I don’t plan on selling them just looking for ideas for my situation.LOL Maybe a nice photo or two and I could see if it would work. How many rods does it hold? I still have a couple of weeks before I get mine back (I had the motor rebuilt)

I’ll really be ready for some fishing when I get it back. Thanks for any info or ideas. Steve

Anonymous

I think it is called the “Rod Wrangler”. I wish I had one because I’ve got the same problem you do. JasonMN brings his along when he fishes with me and we put both sets of most used rods in it. I believe it holds 12 rods – six on each side. My favorite feature is the base – it has a standard seat base so it clips into the floor seat base – instead of just sitting in there loose like the one offered by Cabelas. I mentioned your question to the other Jason. He hasn’t been on line lately but I’m guessing he’d have more to add.

-Jason A

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.