So who alls coming to the Big Pond for Opener?

• Anonymous

Lets hear who’s fishing Mille Lacs for the Opener and what side, end or corner you’ll be fishing.

What presentation?

I’m going to decide Friday night based on the wind direction, but will probably be out on the east side rocks.

Anonymous

I’ll be up Friday, mid day. Get the trailer all set up. I’m on Big Point at the Wharf. Will be fishing the SE rocks. Anywhere from Big Point over to Spider and Sloppy’s. That’s where I’ll start!! I’ll run across the lake for a fish if I need to!! Can’t wait.

Look for a guy in a Red Yar-Craft with a dog up front….. a walleye pointer! lol

Jon J.

Anonymous

I’ll be on Mille Lacs out of the west side at midnight. After a night of fishing, I’m going to head to the family cabin with some more fishing there as well as possible day trips back to Mille Lacs, Leech or elsewhere over the next few days. I’m already counting the hours.

Anonymous

On the east side here also. Will more than likely be running to the sand for a few drifts. The wind will also be the deciding factor for me. Is it Friday yet?

JAE

We will be on the sand somewhere between Carlsona and Fishers, primarily Lindy rigging.

Anonymous

I’ll be up there Fri May 10th-20th should be a good time.

hope to see some of you up there.

Look for a white 1775 Pro V with Evinrudes on the back and stop by and say Hi. I will be fishing the south end as well.

talk to you later

Nate Cadwell

Anonymous

SE side rocks, Big Pt., Spider Is. and around Father Hennepin park. See ya there. Brian

JimCorey
    East Central Ohio

I won’t be there till Sunday. See you guys on the water Monday. I’ll be in a 19.5′ Starcraft Pro Elite w/115 Merc 4-stroke. Don’t catch ’em all before I get there!

Anonymous

I’ll be down on Thursday afternoon, just as soon as I’m done with finals up here at school. Can’t wait, opener can’t come soon enough.

Josh Hukriede

Here fishy, fishy, fishy…….

Anonymous

I’ll be in on the rocks before daylight and up on the northend sand during the day time……….

remember the saying:

” their not where you think they are ”

in side joke here…………..

Good luck to all and have a safe opener……….

Anonymous

We will be fishing out of the Big Point area. Probably will be on the rocks at midnight and then look to sand areas for the day bite. I will be up all week so I will have plenty of opportunity to search quite a few areas looking for a trophy and maybe a few keepers.

Dino

Anonymous

Good one Bob! But, don’t forget the old “What’s it gonna take”?!!!

LOL

Tuck

Anonymous

Bobber-

they where pretty much everywhere I thought they would be, just too BIG. what a problem to have..huh.

it was fun, just wish the weather would have been a little nicer.

JAE

Found some jumbo leeches at Portside on Friday, fished primarily in front of Fishers. Four of us were able to boat 43 nice fish with 11 in the slot, including 1 tagged 15 incher. The biggest was a shade over 26″. They were between 14′ and 17′ deep, and never tried anything but leeches. After a cold wet day they tasted fabulous Saturday evening. It was my 9 year old nephews first opener and he caught most of the slots. There was a lot of griping about the slot being too small, I told them if your fishing for meat go somewhere else. This is a wonderful fishery right now, shut up and fish.

Anonymous

JAE–while you were warm and dry sat. evening–we pounded the fish out on the rocks. Anchored in rain and 2-3 footers and just grinning ear to ear. We had a whole reef to ourselves and got 25 fish ( 46 for weekend total) on leeches in 8-10 ft. of water–3 in the slot–but one was tagged out of 46.!! We got back to camp to notice most of the people split. Rain and 35 degrees for a low on Sun. morn. at 0330 a.m. Alot of fish caught for those conditions. Our camp neighbors did cook up some tasty crappies though on Fri. afternoon and brought them over for us to devour and energize for Fri. nite. I ended up staying awake for 32 hours before I hit the tent and I was up 5 hrs. later chompin’ at the bit to get on the water. Great lake, great fishing, and great people!! I’ll be back on Weds. Can’t wait!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.