Dark ice…….

• Anonymous

The ice conditions on Mille Lacs have changed sence the rains this week. I have noticed the ice changing in color now to a shade of black, a sure sign that the end of ice is near! I personally have not seen any fisherman this past week on the northern half of the lake. The harbors and creeks are starting to open up into the main lake. Soon the Northern pike will spawn and the walleyes will soon follow………..

If you are itching to wet a line, come on up to Mille Lacs and try for some Crappies in the shallow harbors around the lake. You may not get many, but the size of them compare to the ones in Red Lake!

Anonymous

Thats good to hear, thanks for the update Bob.

Anonymous

The hot temps, rain, and high winds should speed up the process. Minnetonka opened up completely last night and it seems Mille Lacs usually follows it within a week-week and a half. At the current pace, it might go faster this year.

Anonymous

Dman, Ever fish Ceder Island lake outside of Richmond? I have a friend who has a cabin on the lake and it seems to be a nice lake or chain of lakes to fish.

Anonymous

Chappy-

Yeah I fish It pretty much weekly through-out the summer. Did real well on the crappies and eyes early season last year. I also boated some nice eyes last fall on horseshoe. The recreation boats rip it up pretty good June-August, I have my best fishing in the channels on the chain and its a constant stream of boats on weekends, but great fishing during the week.

Next time you get up that way let me know we can hook up and hook some. I bet you know where the River roost is too!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.