Mille Lacs

• horsch
    Hastings, MN

Well i tired Mille Lacs for the last time!! I fished Saturday from 11 am til 5pm put on 26 miles all over lake, trolled spinners with crawlers, leaches, and tired crankbaits, and guess what i caught??? 3 perch!!! I give up on this lake!! Was going to try later in day slip bobbering but just drove home after whole day on lake, not saying am a good walleye fishermen, but i didnt see a whole lot caught in any other boats either, maybe just me!! good luck

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

lol I can’t resist!

If you put on 26 miles in that short a time –you are trolling TOO fast. (just givin’ ya hard time lol)

Fishing is slowing down a little lately but good catches are quite common yet. “Keepers” are kinda tough in most places though. Cranks, spinners, rigs, bobbers all workin’ fine. Look for fish FIRST and fish where they are.

I think ONE trip with a guide and you will catch plenty of walleyes on Mille Lacs from then on. 218-678-3103 ( send me a bill IDA if that is an “ad”)

Steve Fellegy

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I think you posted earlier this was your first time on mille lacs. Its a big body of water. Hire a guide, even for a halfday will get you in the right direction. Steve is a good teacher..

jdbruesewitz
    Isle, MN

MAYBE TRY FISHING FROM 5AM TO 11AM

Jason_N
    St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA

My thoughts too. I wish I knew a lake that had a great bite from 11am to 5pm, I’d probably get a cabin on it!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I was working a school of fish for quite awhile this year and thier peak feeding time was 2-5 pm and it did not matter if it was Sunny, Cloudy, Windy or Calm. They bit and they bit well at those times. My 2 biggest fish in my boat this year came at 3:30 and 3:45 pm on hot sunny days. Just need to find different schools that are active at those times.

ARCH
    southern minnesota

I’m glad that I didn’t give up on Mille Lacs after only one bad weekend, I would have lost out on some of the best walleye fishing in my life.

horsch
    Hastings, MN

I know I think I did troll to fast!! I did mark fish deep, I should have tired something else. Not much of a great walleye fisherman, unless on the St. Croix!! Not sure if try again this year. I did ask for some tips last week b4 I went, but no replies. I know if I would have gone out later slipp bobbing I would have cught some, but at that time wife wanted to go. Thanks anyways

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.