Red Door Perch???

• fisheyes925
    Sandstone, MN

Has anyone been fishing out of the Red Door lately? I read that a guy on one of the other fishing web sites got a couple of 14+” last weekend in front of the resort.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Although I have not been up there in a while I have been hearing reports from my relatives up there that the perch bite has been pretty good. They have been getting perch in 30 feet of water on both jigging spoons and on tipped jigs.
    I will be up there this weekend so hopefully I have more to report on Monday.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I fished out of the Red Door on Sunday. We were out on his road to the left on the closest spot. We caugh somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-50 perch between 8am and 2pm. Stay mobile and there were always fish willing to bite. We had three true jumbos in the 11″ range and a dozen over 9 inches. I have heard that the bite is better towards the end of his road.

With that said, don’t be afraid to make a trip to the mud. Castaway took me to the mud on Wednesday and we ended up only catching about 20 fish, but most of them were true jumbos. I think we only released a few that didn’t hit the 10″ mark or bigger.

fisheyes925
    Sandstone, MN

Thanks guys for the feedback. Im going to try and make it up there sunday also. Green chevy pickup,green eskimo portable. Stop by and compare notes. I’ll report on monday.

fisheyes925
    Sandstone, MN

Got out monday afternoon and fished from about 1pm till 6pm.The bite was very lite. Threw back lots of small ones. Kept 10 ranging from 10 1/2″ to 12 1/2″. The resort access was in tuff shape but still lots of ice out further. Looks like ATV’s from now on. Check with the resort first. Is anybody else doing anything?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.