Mille Lacs Conditions?

• TGM
    Lakeville,MN.

Just wondering if anyone has the latest on ice conditions on the east side?Heard a rumor of some presure ridges opening up,hopefully just a rumor.Also how much snow fell this week,can a guy still get around in a truck?

thanks jiggle-jiggle

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

I heard the pressure ridge opened up on the east side but you may want to call to confirm

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Hey guy’s I just called down to Hunters and spoke with Randy. He said the lake roads are ok…they do have two bridges that you need to use.

I know the ice has expanded big time with this weather change to mild temp’s!!!!I would guess that the total lake has swelled 6-8 feet. Check out the pic’s!!!

Bob Carlson

Pic above-

The ice has climbed up my rock bank along the shoreline and the bank is 6-8 feet high.

pic below-

Shows the ice south of the breakwater!!!!! If you look around the shoreline in the far distance you can see the ice going up the bank.

I plan to get back on the lake tommorrow. Hope to get a perch report up…..I been busy with thing’s other than fishing

dubiceman
    Dubuque, IA

Oh man that doesnt look too promising. I was also kind of wondering what the conditions are like. I posted in another forum that me and two other buddies are heading up to mille lacs on March 8th – 13th for the first time and i was hoping to hear some better reports on the ice conditions. I was also wondering what part of the lake would you guys recommend driving out of that is close to some good perch areas, and what type of jigging spoons do u usually use up there. Im pumped i cant wait hopefully i will be luck enough to hook into one of these jumbos ive been seeing on here lately. Thanks

Bob Carlson

Don’t worry…….we will driving out on the lake another 3-5 week’s. Trucks for awhile yet, than ATV’s!!!!!! sure it will depend on the weather.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

i was out wed and thur, fishing wasn’t that good. the ice expanded alot on wed. hunters point had to move the bridge in the afternoon. there is some areas around bobbers house that the ice is 10 to 15 feet in the air and in the trees along the shoreline. i know that the resorts will keep the roads open as long as possable for truck traffic, after that atv’s will be the mode of transportation……..tom f

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Thanks for the pics Bob. It’s funny, I was down at our local lake fishing open water from shore today. Not enough ice for a captain-coke around here.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Then you won’t be seeing DMAN anytime soon!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.