Mille Lac’s hotel help

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The wife and I have a rare childless few days. She said she would like to go fishing.I thought we would take a trip to Mille Lacs and see if I could not get her on some big smallmouth and maybe even a few walleyes. Anyone know of any hotels in a reasonalbe distance ( 1/2 Hr or so ) Preferably a boat friendly one ( One with hookup for charger )Perfer the south or west side but open to all suggestions. Thanks in advance for the Info.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

red door or hunters point. red door….. quite, good food at the cafe, no bar on site, good launch, good fishing for smallmouth and walleye close by. hunters point…… bar on site, good food, nice rooms, cabin’s and fish houses, good launch, good fishing for smallmouth and walleye close by. now you have to make some calls and figure it out

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Re Door on North end and Hunters on East side would be my choices as anotehr member already mentioned.
    Another great spot (IMHO) is McQuides on far SE side.
    Public landing right out of there parking lot, plenty of places to charge boat in parking lot, and clean rooms. Portisdes is just north for all you gas, bait, and supply needs.
    One of those 3 for sure.
    Have fun

oldguy
    Lisbon, Iowa

We are staying at the Garrison Inn and Suites right on highway 169 by the blue goose over the 4th. Seems like a nice hotel and right across the street is Mille Lacs! Also even had some suites with private hot tubs! Of course needed when you need to soak after a hard day of fishing!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Got a room at the red door for Friday night. Looking forward to two days of fishing for monster sm and maybe even a eye or two.

big_g
    Isle, MN

WOW ! Surpirsed you got a room then ! They have 2- 1 day walleye tourneys going on the 6th and 7th !

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Good luck. I love staying at the Door. Cabins are nice and now with a restaurant right there it’s even better. Plus they just keep improving with more and more amenities.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.