Mille Lacs Spinner Bite is on FIRE!

• jollyroger
    MN

Ran up tp Mille Lacs today for a few hours as I haven’t been there for a couple weeks and thought with the warmer temps there might be a few fish to be had pulling spinners on mud. WOW! I had a milk run of spots planned out to hit but only had time to fish three of them as it was basically non stop action. I found fish on top of the flats (23-25 feet), on the edges (26-29 feet) and even a few on the bottom in 30-32 feet. Back trolling spinners behind a 2 oz bottom bouncer with air injected crawlers was the ticket. Sizes ranged from 16 to 27 inches with about a half dozen fish in the 18″-20″ slot.

It was a postcard weather day today as well which reminded me why we live in Minnesota. Its amazing to think we were just dodging ice 6 weeks ago!

Best of Fishing,

Shawn Flemming

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

Quote:

Its amazing to think we were just dodging ice 6 weeks ago!

That is crazy to think about.

Hatch99

Shawn,

The Happy Hooker was the color that worked for us!!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Pink Scale and Sunrise Craw worked the best for us on Friday. We even ran out of crawlers and had to deploy the double leech spinner rig. It worked!

Hatch99

Funny you mention the double leech rig. We were down to our last crawler before we had to call it a day. I mentioned to my friend that is maybe what we were going to do. I have never tried it, but I will next time I’m out!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

The spinner bite is still going very good on the south end rocks! Water tamp today was 70 to start and 74 at 1pm. Gold blades today, green yesterday, so change it up if you are not getting bit.

-J,

Tbone
    Stillwater, MN

On my way up in about an hour, I’ll meet you out there Jon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.