Mille Lacs Friday

• love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

Hello All- The gal and I are planning a quick trip up to Mille Lacs Friday night. We will be fishing just Friday night and have to leave early morning on Saturday for a commitment back here at home. We have rented a Dream Castle for the night. I am thinking just throw down the rattle reels with the good old chartruse hook with a big fat head or shiner. What do you think?

The trip is going to be a quick one just to get away from the hustle and bustle around here for a night.

Thanks for the help.

John

kroger3
    blaine mn

Painted Pink and Glow plain hooks with Shiners and a small split shot 2 inches above the hook have been the best in my house but it has been getting slower the last 2 weeks. Right at dusk and right at sunrise have been the best. Im in 31′ to the water and on a rock/sand transition.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

We rented a shack from Portavilla last weekend for 2 nights. We were in 30 – 32 feet of water. We caught one 12 inch walleye on rattle reels on a fat head. We caught 8 walleyes on tipups on shiners. All fish were caught between 4 pm and 10 pm. I would be putting out tipups too if I was you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.