Not to Good

• fishtoeat
    Chippewa Falls, Wi

We’ve been up here since Thursday evening about 5. Only caught one 23″ and missed two on rattle reels, otherwise nothing. We went out of Hunter Winfields and they have us set up on gravel transition area in about 13′ of water out by Hennipen Island. Anyone doing any better and willing to give advice? I know it’s been tough with this front, but like they say they got to be biting somewhere!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

In 13′ of water the house is set up for night fishing, I would try to find deeper water like 25 to 30+feet and try to call fish over to you with aggressive jigging. Keep moving as the fish are roaming for next meal

fishtoeat
    Chippewa Falls, Wi

We can go mobile, but I don’t have a lake chip. Is there an area you would recommend, type of bottom to look for? We’re going in to take showers and will pick up a map.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Lots of deeper water whichever way you travel.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

2nd attempt.

fishtoeat
    Chippewa Falls, Wi

hopefully we’ll get to give that a try. will post results tomorrow. We are still hopeful for a good night tonight though.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Fish out to the edges towards the basin during the days. Maybe try the steep break to the southwest and west, or the more gradual area reaching off the southeast corner. Drill plenty of holes and keep hopping! Good luck!!

luckydave
    Cottage Grove, MN

Make sure you talk to hunter winfields and tell them your concerns. They should be willing to help you out.

fishtoeat
    Chippewa Falls, Wi

From talking with Hunters and anyone we ran into, bait store, Buzz’s on the Bay, we heard it was just slow. We didn’t get to go mobile Saturday as we were running late after stopping for lunch and getting cleaned up. We did have a better evening and Sunday morning with 1 – 10″, 2 – 20″ and a 22″. We did have a kind of finale Sunday morning about 7:30 when we woke up to rattle reel. I saw one reel move while my brother said it was the other one basically seconds apart. Then immediately after missing two, two other reels started going seconds apart. I ended up getting the 22″ out of the commotion on the last try. We don’t know if there were multiple fish or one persistent fish. It would be nice to know if the fishing picked up with nicer weather! We only caught 7 fish, but we had a good time with family. Next time I’ll be better prepared to move around.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.