Heading up to Mille Lacs

• jmaj101
    Hastings,MN

Headed up to Mille Lacs this weekend! My godfather has his shack out of Hunter’s and it is set up on 2 Mile. He says that he is getting a few fish on rattle reels so far this year. Anybody in this area been getting any perch during the day? The weather is supposed to be pretty nice this weekend so hopefully everybody can get outside and enjoy it! Any pointers for this area would be nicely appreciated. Have a good weekend and good luck fishing!

dairycat

I will be heading up from eau claire friday. Staying at Garrisons Inn I think, my buddy and our two 6 yr old boys are going to out somewhere. Never have fished Mille Lacs before, so if anyone goes by a Quickfish 4 that will be us. Any pointers will be much appreciated. Are there public landings by Garrisons. Thanks

Dream’n
    South St. Paul, Mn

We are also on two mile. We’ve been up there 4 times and have yet to catch or see a perch on camera!

jmaj101
    Hastings,MN

Yeah he has not caught any perch out of his shack but I was thinking of exploring out in the mud west of 2 mile. My friend has a smart phone so we will post a few times this weekend. Good luck! If anything, a cold one always tastes better in an ice shack!!!

Parnow

Fished out of Wahkon Bay last sunday night, from 2:30-8:30pm. In about 21 fow. Didn’t catch a thing until just before 5pm

As unfortunate as it may sound, between 2 people we only caught 1 walleye small enough to keep (16.5″) The rest were 22″, 23″, 23″, 24″, 26″.

Had 2 other solid fish that got off.

Dead lines worked better, only caught 1 fish jigging (glow green/yellow buckshot), after awhile we just gave up on jigging. Hot lure was a glow yellow glass jig, the glow red glass jig and a glow pink RocknRoll jig also worked. Used fatheads.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

We’ve been having our best luck running set lines only 8-10″ off of bottom after dark using #4 or #2 plain chartreuse hooks with small sucker or medium shiner or a glow pink demon jig with a small shiner or large fathead.

Good Luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.