Must be slow

• bigcrappie
    Blaine

This year’s reports are far and in between. In the years past we have had an Oct/Nov report almost every day. Is it because the slot and no keeper fish? People are staying home. It is going to be 55 Friday and I am going up after work. It’s hard to sit at work and have no new reports to get me through the day.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Didnt fish up there yet this fall but around OCT full moon it looked kinda slow around the lake. Maybe it might of had something to do with the DNR timing their bleak report of the lake the week before the full moon? Good fishing reports will get people flocking up there. Poor reports will keep them home.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

It typically slows down from the deer opener to ice up. With the late Oct full moon, it’s over for a lot of boaters.

But I’ll agree with the general comment. Yes, this years fall bite was on the slow side for my boat. Rare to boat any keeper slots and the fat picture worthy fish were not there either. Most of our fish topped out at about 26 inches with the majority of fish being 20-24 inches.

Good luck up there! I’m on the river now till opener. Well, maybe a few trips up to ice fish.

-J.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Quote:

It typically slows down from the deer opener to ice up. With the late Oct full moon,

I did not think of that last year the full moon was at the begining of the month.

hv2fish06
    Allison,Iowa

We fish the full moon every year for last 9 years in Oct. We did good in the 23-26 inch range. We did not catch the #’s we usually do a night but did get couple 28’s and a 29, my pb! We did not catch a fish under 21 inches. Not our worst trip but by no means our best.

carmike

I’ll be heading up tomorrow (friend willing), so I’ll have a mediocre report for y’all to read!!

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

I got up there ast weekend, first and last time for me this year. With family and work obligations it is tougher to get up.

We did well, actualyl the best I have ever done up there. We fished from 7-1 and got close to 40 fish. We fished the outside weed edges in 1012 feet, 1.5mph, trolling 80 feet back with mono. there was no moon so we fished wtih #14 husky jerks with some type of silver belly. Black/silver, tenn shad, blue/silver. I messed with other colors and sizes but didn’t get anything. once we found the fish, which took some time, it was very hot. We have 2 triples and multiple doubles. the weeds were still very high and thick green.

the biggest was 26 and the smalest was about 20. The rest of the fish were about cookie cutters 24s.

It was an amazing night out there. Boat traffic was very minimal around us and we where not in any ‘secret’ spot by all means. Boats did go by us but just didn’t stay around.

Please keep the posts coming, I need something to read during the days and nights!

Dan

carmike

Very slow night last night…pulled just about everything in the box at numerous different speeds and only managed to catch zero fish. Did have three on, but nothing got to the boat.

Matt M
    Blaine, MN

Good job danny. You must have had an awesome captain.

!

Matt

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

funny man I believe you mighta been the captain that night. Haha

Great nught it was!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.