Help us make up our minds! -This weekend…

• dr._flathead

My buddy and I are considering skipping a weekend of duck hunting and trying the night trolling bite, would this weekend be a good introduction for us to do this? Clearly we’ve never doene the fall trolling thing, and could use any advise anyone is willing to share….PM’s are welcome, and will remain private.

Thanks
    Dave

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

If I could I would… The water isn’t below that 50 degree “magic” mark but it’s getting close (55). The water temps have been stable for a week now and from my past experience, when the water stabilizes from the initial big drop (@74 degrees 1 month ago) the initial surge of fall piggy’s come to bite. Plus the weather looks absolutely perfect.

PS – I have never duck hunted.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I haven’t been up there, but from what I hear the bite is still slow. It will probably be getting better everyday now though.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Maybe do both up there.

Not sure if there is much duck hunting going on the big lake any more. The old timers used to talk about walking out to the reed beds on the NE and North end of the lake and duck hunt. No reeds left up there that I see. Still plenty of lakes, pot holes, rivers, creeks ect. in the area to hunt.

deertracker

I hammered them on Milly in high school. Especially when the trollers were out kicking up the ducks. I hunted by the wharf but not sure with all the houses now.
    DT

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Cast n Blast…

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I came up Tuesday night to mille for a weekend of fins and feathers duck hunting has been slow fishing is good. 3 ducks were taken and a goose on a smaller lake near by this morning. Here is a pic of yesterday’s best fish

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Don’t know why my phone loaded the pic sideways

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Did you fish after dark?

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Yes we pitched some very heavy weed cover . Best was a skinny 24. Trolling shallow tonight. Report from reeds was good most of the lake. Inside the weed lines.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

Inside the weed lines

What are the better baits for this, origional floater F-11?

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

bent lip shads are good for shallow fishing or #10 HJ….original floaters will work as well…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.