THE TRIP I WILL NEVER FORGET

• steve-lujan
    prior lake,mn

It all started when my friend jim picked me up in prior lake at 5:30,loaded up and on the road by 6 headed for lake of the woods.we get to forest lake and a 4×4 post falls out the back of a truck and swerved to miss it by inches.next we make it to rush city and have to pull over because i got sick all over the door and myself.we go to BK to eat and clean myself.

Feeling better we got back on the road only to make it to pine city when a trailer tire blows(this is a friends boat)so no socket for the wheel.I walk to a gas station and find one i think will work.we get the tire on and back on the road.

We start to here a noise when jim would turn to the left and at the sandstone exit his ABS light comes on and we stop at the gas station,jack up the left front to find the wheel bearing is shot(this truck has 60,000). so we spent the night in the hotel across the street.the next morning we called around and jim found one that would be in sandstone by 2:00. At 11:00 we got kicked out of the hotel and headed for sandstone witch is 4 miles. we go 1 mile and the wheel bearing totally gives out.Now we have to call a tow truck to get us 3 miles.

Josh and his crew from B&D auto did an outstanding job on getting us on the road as quick as they could.so we decided instead of going to LOTW and only having one day to fish that we would go to mille lacs.

It is now 22 hours later we finally made it to some water.so i start calling for a room and find out the NHRA boys are in brainerd and everything is booked.we took our sleeping bags out in the boat and made it a night on the water.so sat. afternoon comes and the storms are just missing us but the wind picked up and both anchors couldn’t hold us.at some point the front livewell got turned on and we were taking on water.so between that and the little bit of rain I can know ring the water out of my sleeping bag.so sat.night i had to sleep in my rain gear to keep the water from my sleeping bag from soaking in.

With all that we caught 22 walleyes,5 perch,2smallmouth and a hand full of rock bass.8 over the slot biggest was 26,4keepers and the rest were small.19″ smallie,we kept 3 perch over 10″

It was one of those weekends you wish you could forget but will always remember.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Look up! Check to see if that black cloud is gone!

Holy crap!

thegun
    mn

GOT YOU ON THE BLACK LIST FOR ANY OPEN SEAT POSTS

John Peterson
    Woodbury, Minnesota

This has to be true as the story couldn’t be made up!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

My thoughts EXACTLY: You can NOT make that up.
    Am glad you got some NICE fish.
    Jack

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Wow.. hope you have better luck in the future! Seems like the fishing was fun though

chirp
    Rochester

Remind me to not go fishing with you.

carmike

Wow, that’s quite the weekend. The only thing that would’ve made it “better” is if you wouldn’t have caught any fish. Did you at least put the rattle reels down when you were sleeping out there?!?

steve-lujan
    prior lake,mn

All in all we took it in stride and were somewhat prepared for the mishaps. We were sitting on the boat when i said i wished i had my rattle wheels but we should have been on LOTW not mille lacs. We kept a positive attitude the hole time and made the best out of each situations. So i’m free next weekend if anybody wants to go fishing.

chirp
    Rochester

No Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.