Report 8/25 8/26

• jasonlem
    New Prague

Well I made my way back up to Mille Lacs after my fishing partner Alex passed. I got up late on thurs from a worn out body from all the OT to pay for the Vet bills from Alex. I brought my old man out again I got on the lake about 3pm. There wasn’t much wind out there so I went out of the north to try some of the flats that I had luck with a month ago. I stopped at one bait store to pick up some leeches and they were out, I told the ol man it’s ok I’m planing on trolling anyway. We started out trolling and not even a hit which I found strange being I was seeing fish on the graph. we did that for awhile and as we went over schools of bait fish and walleye’s I was marking them on the GPS. We switched to rigging with no bait, I did have gulp live minnows and leeches. I didn’t have my rigging line in for 10 min and wham I had a fish on 12 foot rig with floating pink spinner. That fish had a great fight but I can’t tell you the length because as the fish neared the surface we saw that eye just open his mouth and let go of the gulp bait the hook wasn’t even close to being set. I told my dad this isn’t going to work we need to start trolling again. We got the lines down and fish on right away a little guy and threw him back to get bigger. we ended up with 8 fish from 6pm to 7:30pm all trolling only 4 were big enough to put in the box. Most of the fish liked the orange and gold and a few on the fire tiger.

Friday,
    The wind was blowing a little harder from the south so I decided to fish the gravel. We got the boat on the water about 10am. I started to make my way out to my honey hole and I saw my ol man in pain so I made my way to nip some humps on my way out there and started trolling. I gave my dad one of my go to plugs and I was going to try a reef runner which I haven’t used yet. I didn’t have that runner in the water for 15 min and I had a perch in the boat. we then got to the honey hole with only that one fish. I trolled up and down the different breaks of that spot with no results. I on the way to the lake found some leeches so we started rigging with leeches and crawlers and we got a few perch and 1 limit of box walleye’s in the boat I had to head home so I could work on sat but I’ll take those box fish any day. I’m heading up again on friday night if anyone wants to do some night fishing. The full moon will be here soon.

a-and-t
    By Rochester,MN

Thanks for the report. Those eyes and perch look tasty

Nate Siebrecht
    Oronoco, mn

Sorry to hear about Alex. When the fall bite is on at pool 4 i’ll be giving you a call.

Steveinsene
    SE Nebraska

So sorry to hear about Alex but otherwise an excellent report.

jasonlem
    New Prague

I would love that I need to get out on that river!!!

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Sorry to hear about Alex Jason

I’ll be up in Malmo over the weekend shoot me a PM with your contact info if you want to meet up or at least swap info.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Rest in Peace, Alex. Never easy losing your fishing buddy. Rough couple weeks for IDO member dogs that’s for sure.

-J.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats on your successful outing Jason and I’m sorry to hear about Alex.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.