Who’s headed to the pond this weekend? 8/6/11

• jasonlem
    New Prague

I was just seeing if there were going to be any Idoers on the water? Where and What are you going to try?
    Jason

jasonlem
    New Prague

The true Idoers Know that I’ve been productive so speak up not even any Im’s what gives.
    Jason

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I’m heading up tonite until Friday staying at the best place in earth, the Red Door. We’ve been doing fairly well pulling blades and corkin some northern flats recently, I plan to do the same.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Not sure if I’m back up this weekend, but I did fish the lake all last week. There are a couple patterns to focus on for slot fish and decent to jumbo sized perch.

First – trolling smaller sized cranks on leadcore. (#5 shad raps, #4 Salmos, #9 rap stick baits ect.) This approach put the majority of fish in the box fishing during the daytime hours. Honestly, I was about to give up on this presentation until I made a few tweeks. One – run your speed up. Two to 2.5 mph with bumps up to 3 to 3.5 or faster seems to trigger the bites. Keep in mind when you bump your speed, the crank will run up higher. So I was not running the crank on bottom. (Where I was marking a ton of fish.) Most times I’m running 5 feet off pushing up to 7-10 foot off bottom. So, what I’m saying here is I was trolling for those fish that I was marking consistently just off bottom and not getting any bites. But running high and fast over these fish triggered the bites. This was true on dead flat calm days and windy 3 foot roller days. Anything perch or orange colored was good.

Second – night trolling stick baits shallow. Same cranks, same areas we all will be fishing in the fall. Six to ten foot of water on rocks or weedlines near shore. The fish were there!

Water temps were 75 in the AM climbing most days to about 78. Fri and Sat night there were a couple monster bug hatches on the east side. Yuk!!! The dead tulibee I was seeing this week were all full grown. Not seeing the young ones die off. Not seeing many dead walleye, but there are a few around. With the slot open to 20 inches now, not too hard to get enough for a fish fry. But I’ll take those jumbo perch over a summer walleye any day of the week right now!!

Good Luck on your trip.

-J.

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

I’ll put a good 7 hrs in on Sunday. Cranking LC, Boards, and some blades.
    Good Luck

wallster
    Austin, MN

I’ll be up again Trolling all over the lake, mostly north end.
    Wallster ><((((>

big_g
    Isle, MN

I will probably wipe out another pizza at Hunters….. Good luck to all you fisherman

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

I’ll be out

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I’m not going to be able to make it to the pond this weekend because I’m heading to Leech for a week.

Tbone
    Stillwater, MN

I’ll be there just like every summer weekend. The east side rocks are going to be on fire this weekend

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.