Mille Lacs report 7-25-2011

• fritcher

Just giving an update after a nice day on the pond. I got started a little late, but that was mainly because of the drive. I launched out of the north side and started in the mud flats. The wind was moving the pro-v very well so we drifted most of the day. We pulled long snells with a single pink or green hook. In the first 15 mins of our drift I picked up a nice eater for the box, but that was the only one. We moved to another flat and began another drift across the mud. Picked up 2 more eaters for the box. The wind calmed down and so did the bite. We headed in and got some lunch and then back out on the water. We threw some big baits for a Muskie since I am still trying to catch my first. Well I had one on for a brief moment, but my bad luck struck again and I lost it. We had one more follow and then the wind picked up. I couldn’t continue to throw for muskies knowing the walleyes were waiting. Again we cruised to another mud flat and began a drift. The moment I set down my rod….wham my rod was almost lost in the bottom of the lake. I quickly grabbed it and set the hook. I thought I was snagged until it fought back. After a few minutes it finally came to the surface and we netted a beautiful 29 incher. My best ever…so that made the long drive worth it! We ended up catching one more for the box and also a perch. We had a great day with nice weather. The fish all came on a long snell and leech in 24-32 ft of water. I am hooked on the big pond now and I am sure I will be making the trip more often. This was the first time on the water were I wasn’t with someone who knows the lake well. I am sure it will take mr a long time to figure out the lake, but I think I started out great.

joshd
    Minnetonka

Sounds like it was a great trip!

fritcher

Trying to post a photo, but can’t figure it out

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats on your maiden voyage as captain!

To add a photo, click on the “Manage Photos” tab located about the post entry box.

The next step is to locate the photo file on your hard drive. Click “Browse.”

Once the photo has been located, attach it as you would an image in an email.

To add the image to our servers, click “Update.”

If you are finished adding photos, click “Close Window.”

If you wish to add more than 1 photo, repeat the “Browse” and “Update” steps for each photo. You may add up to 12 images with each post.

Once you are finished adding photos, make your post. Your photos will be attached. To view each individual photo, hover your pointer over the associated thumbnail.

If you link out to photos on photobucket or other photo hosting sites be sure that they are no wider than 450 pixels on either side or you will stretch the page here on the site.
    Using the photo upload system here on the site is FAR easier and quicker than using photobucket or other photo hosting sites. The other nice thing about uploading photos to the IDO server is that they’ll always be part of the post you added them to. If you browse old threads you’ll find nearly all photos added using a hosting site are missing… so the posts that are loaded with all those red “X’s” indicating a missing file.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.