Backus (Pine Mountain Lake)

• cat-stevens
    Rochester,MN

My buddy and I are going to be staying on Pine Mountain Jan 22-26. We will be fishing that lake mostly,along with maybe a half day up at Walker bay. Any one have any good suggestions of other lakes near the Backus area we should try out? We are coming up from Rochester, and bringing snowmobiles, so mobility shouldn’t be an issue. I appreciate any ideas. Also wondering if anyone has had any luck with the night bite on PM Thanks, Tim

mrwalleye
    MN

try ponto for a night bite lake it’s clear and has lots of walleyes

cat-stevens
    Rochester,MN

Thanks Walleye! I think we will give that a shot. That lake sure seems to have some nice drop offs!

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I have been told that Ten Mile lake has some very large Walleye. I’ve also been told it is a very clear water lake and needs to be fished at low light conditions.

Thats the best I can do as I haven’t fish the lake.

cat-stevens
    Rochester,MN

Thanks Brian, Ten Mile looks great as well, but does seem a little large for a couple of middle aged men in a new area to find the fish.
    I think we will look into it more this spring by boat, learn it a little, then try it next year though!

Aaron Stevens

O boo hoo buck it up old guys, you and mike on snow machines thats a lot of hard work. Anyway I looked up those lakes and figured where you guys could start call me after your done work tomorrow and I’ll go over it with you. When you find the walleyes you will be doing this I want the some fillets katie is hungry for eyes.

cat-stevens
    Rochester,MN

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I can’t wait to get up there on the ice!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.