Any Opener Reports?

• beno
    St. Paul

I’m suprised not to see one report from opener. I was hoping to see information shared, good or bad from Leech. I’ll be heading up for a long weekend to spend some time on the water. Does anyone have anything to share? Obviously, I’m not looking for specifics, just a general 411 of the situation.

Cranks, rigs, jigs? Points, flats, old weedlines?

Feel free to PM me.

Thanks!!

ToddJ

My dad has a cabin on the lake and did very well in a short time jigs and shiners. A lot of fish outside of the slot, as a matter of fact there were no slot fish caught.

4 – 6 feet of water dragging or vertical jigging northland fireball jig .25. Good luck

MNsuzuki

I was up for opener, and was pleasantly surprised with the fishing. We fished the hardwoods every day, and caguht fish in 8 to 10 FOW, with a jig and shiner. The morning and evening bite were best, especially the evening bite. A little wind really helps to get things going. I bet we could have caught them on nightcrawlers as well, but I never tried them. I think Leech is on the right track, we caught fish from 12 to 15″, 17″ to 22″, and one big one at 27″. Best fishing on Leech in years.

beno
    St. Paul

Thanks for the info guys. I’m looking forward to a few days on the water.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.