the chubs are biting

• mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

My daughter and I killed some time last night fishing for chubs and it was hot and heavy for an hour catching atleast 40 to 50. We lost as many as we caught because our hooks were too big as we were going to fish for catfish in this creek, they were even hitting a 1/16 oz. jig tipped with a small piece of crawler. They were all 4″ to 7″ and we even caught some 4″ creek shiners, mungo catfish bait! Im going to repair the lid on my baitcage tonight and set that in the water where we fish catfish and stock up for around the first of may for flats and channels, its almost time here.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Hey mossydan. How you doin? Been a while since last I seen you below the tube. I was wondering what creek you were fishing? I need to get some flathead bait in a month or so and wouldn’t mind trying creek chubs this year. Let me know. Thanks!!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Im doing ok Steve, how you doing. Once the fish start biting and were getting good ones I’ll post what were getting. If you want to go and run some lines message me and we’ll go. Message sent on chub creek.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.