iowa lakes

• abcmatthew

Hi my name is mattand I am new to this forum. I live in lincoln, ne and was wondering if anyone could give me some good bass and crappie lakes in iowa fairly close to lincoln. I cath and release all of my bass.

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

THE ONLY LAKES IN IOWA THAT I COULD HELP YA WITH IS SPIRIT AND THE OKOBOJI CHAIN. THESE ARE PREMIUM LAKES IN NW IOWA. IT WOULD BE WELL WORTH THE TRIP! ALOT OF CLUB TOURNAMENTS FROM OMAHA COME HERE TO FISH AND ALL GO HOME GRINNING!

btomlin
    Albia, IA

Lake Rathbun is exactly 3.5 hours from Lincoln. I know first hand as my FG(fav. girl) is from Lincoln. How is Lake Manawa??? That is outside Council Bluffs. I’ve heard 3 mile lake in sw Iowa is a good bass lake. I haven’t fished for bass in about 6 yrs.

brandydog
    des moines

there are many of good crappie lakes, but the best would be redrock res. near knoxville,Ia, many of camping resorts, if the lake is high go to roberts creek, there is new regulations this year so be aware. they will be looking especially for out of staters. bass lake would be a small lake called hopper(its the upper lake to lake Aqubie) which is south of Indianola(south of Des moines) on hwy 65\69 lots of bass and big red ear blue gills and some crappies. Its called a sleeper lake. youd need to email me because its one of those hard to find lakes that are not on the map. then there’s lake aquabie which is the lower lake. lake badger creek is another good bass lake crappies are small 9-10inches which is west of west desmoines on grand ave(west side of Interstate 80) about 10 miles. good luck [email protected]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.