Fun Day

• eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Well my buddy and I hit a new lake for us Friday, in the beautiful sunny day. Caught some nice gills most 7.5-9.5″ most released, few crappies but the kicker was a couple bass that were fat and sassy. Biggest 3 or 4 pounds on 2 pound test, thank God for a good drag. Wonderful day except for my buddies gas problem .

Key was getting away from where others had been fishing, buddy thought I was nuts and keeping the gill pill constantly moving.

Dinner, buddies 2 in the middle left. The smaller ones still 8″ were caught early, the bigger ones later.

Buddies 10″ gill, what was awesome was how thick this fish was, WOW.

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

Nice looking fish! I tried a pond yesterday that was bust. But, some buddies and I caught a lot of fish Saturday at Otter!

–Whitey

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Whitey was there any size to the fish you caught at Otter? Was there 2 weeks ago only managed little guys.

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

THe yellows very from very small to 8-9 inches, but I keep them all because they need thinned out of there. Gills we get a few nice ones but sort out a bunch of smaller fish. We don’t get a lot of crappies but a few and we get into some eater size cats.

–Whitey

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

WOW… those are some nice ones

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Thanks Jighead, I think we’re heading back down Friday. Hopefully I won’t forget my camera and have some more pics to share. 40+ degrees

Ya I got a couple of the yellows but put them back before my buddy told me to keep them and why. My first time on the lake. Never got the cats there but boy are they fun through the ice, I’ve started to target them some.

Do you happen to fish with an older gentleman on Hickory Hills? Don’t remember his name but he told about his crew going down there fishing and a couple other places.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I haven’t been there, but I know a couple of retired guys from the CVWC have been going down.

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Ya the fella I talked to was a part of the CVWC and retired. I think Steve or something, drives a little red SUV and has a green 2 man flip tent. Seemed like a real nice guy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.