Lake Cornelia 12-5

• nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

I fished Corny on Friday with a buddy, and we put a lot of fish on the ice, but finding decent ones was another story. White bass have somehow invaded the lake, and they are a 6 inch nuisance. We caught a bunch of those, a few small (4″) perch, one dandy 11 incher, and a few nice gills. Biggest gill was 9.5 inches. And we had several in the 8-9 range. Lil Cecils and Gill Pills were the hot ticket for us, both tipped with a waxie.
    I sold my FL18 to my buddy, and upgraded to the FL20. Im really liking it after being out about a half dozen times. The flat screen is a lot more crisp, and makes it easier for my poor eyesight to see without wearing my glasses!
    Ice we were on was a good solid 7 inches. I would still do some checking on your way out on these North Central Iowa lakes, many are stalled out at 3 inches, with some very unsafe spots.

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

Nice gills Nick. Never caught one on corny. I have caught some nice crappies there in the late fall – any idea where they are in winter?

nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

Saw another report with a 12 inch crappie from Saturday I think. I have caught them in the past, but havent seen any this year yet.

honda75
    Iowa

nice gills.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.