red rock?

• evan
    knoxville, IA

Hey I was just wondering if anyone has been having any luck below the dam at red rock. I was down there last weekend without much luck. Ive heard people were catching sevral at the hydro in ottumwa. I would think they would be starting to bite a little better anytime soon. let me know what ya think.

nick858
    Eldora, Iowa

One walleye and about 50 channel cats today. The catfish are just crazy down there, several casts in a row we caught fish on jigs with twisters. Id like to see what someone could do with some cutbait. All our fish were 1-5 lbs with one kicker around 8.

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

Nick, the cats are hitting your jigs? You’re not snagging them? Wow!!! Where are all the walleyes at?

evan
    knoxville, IA

I went down there this past weekend. didnt fish but was watching and talking to a few people that were catching a few walleyes on the south side of the dam by the walkway that goes in the water. But the big one I seen was a guy caught a 9 pounder by the boat ramp. After seeing that Im for sure going to be down there alot for the next few weeks. bad thing now is the water is so dirty.. dont know how the bite will be.

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

Let us know if there’s still a bite going with the dirty water. the iowa is choco milk now too

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.