Iowa Lakes

• Chitwood46
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

It is obvious the fishing around here is not good for some time now. Can’t get a positive post in nearly two weeks? That sucks!

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

It’s the dog days of summer. Time to mow the lawn, tend to the garden, change the oil in the car and get ready for the Fall run. Therefore, I will be fishing Saturday, just not for walleyes. Bass and panfish will have to do until the weather cools.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Hi Joe! How are you? I’ll be on the water tomorrow and put up a report.You take care.
    Ryan Hale

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I just haven’t been out around here. I’m sure that fish are biting somewhere, though… Just gotta put the boat nearby and give ’em hell until they bite (bring a few cold beers in case they don’t).

Anyone tried any night fishing recently? Did the catfishing ever pick up at Coralville, or is this just an off year ya suppose?

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Found out why you weren’t getting any good reports from the area: There aren’t any.

I fished Palo this morning. It was a toss-up between PC and MacBride, so I let the motor restriction decide it. Fishing was very slow. Panfish are on the deep weed edges in 12-14 feet of water. Whites were periodically making a run on the top, but neither them or the muskies were interested in a zara spook.

Muskies must be starting to get really active. There were a ton of them surfacing and chasing right on top. Primetime for toothy critters is just around the corner.

ChadG

Those muskies were giving you “the fin”. When you see them sufacing and making themselves visible you might as well go somewhere else cause they ain’t biting. I am kind of gearing up for fall myself but the summer has been pretty good to me too. Those stripers have been real fussy. Don’t know what their deal is.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.